IKEA Mattress Review
IKEA is a Swedish company offering home furniture, including different types of mattresses. The company focuses on providing latex, foam and spring mattresses.
IKEA mattresses vary from the less expensive spring mattresses to higher priced latex and memory foam options.
The company is famously known for their quality furniture and we will take a look at their mattresses to help you to decide whether they are worth your investment.
Every mattress at IKEA is designed to offer comfort and support at a good price. So you just have to find the one that suits your body and your budget.
As mentioned above, IKEA offers different mattresses and it is important that we look at these three types and the popular brands in each category.
IKEA Latex Mattresses
Latex mattresses from IKEA are known for their good quality which provides the needed support to the hips, shoulders, elbows and other parts of the body for reduced pressure points.
The mattresses are similar to the foam mattresses from IKEA, but latex is a more premium material than both memory foam and springs.
Since latex is porous, it can circulate more air than most types of mattresses, even without a cover that wicks away the moisture.
The prices span between $399 and $999 for the Queen size mattress, depending on the model.
These mattresses also start with the letter M and most are a combination of materials, mostly latex and foam. Some of the most popular models in this category include Matrand, MyrBacka, and Morgongava.
Other Popular Latex Mattresses
The most popular latex mattresses today are the Zenhaven Luxury Plush and the Astrabed HarmonyBed. These two premium mattresses are more expensive than the IKEA models but are of much higher quality, featuring natural materials and advanced designs.
IKEA Memory Foam Mattresses
Memory foam mattresses from IKEA are designed to provide contouring which ensures that the mattresses are supporting each part of your body.
These types of mattresses have been found to be ideal for people who sleep with their partners, because they have the ability to absorb motion.
The mattresses from the foam category are praised by owners, which means that their needs are met. To lengthen their lifespan, IKEA uses a removable, washable cover to encase the mattresses.
These covers are made of high-quality materials such as wool and cotton. In addition to protecting the mattresses, these covers also reduce moisture and help in temperature regulation.
Depending on the model, a Queen size memory foam mattress costs between $399 and $499.
Memory Foam Models
The most popular mattresses in this category are the Myrbacka and the Matrand.
Other Popular Memory Foam Mattresses
Although IKEA made a name for itself in this space, there are other memory foam mattresses in the market which offer better value for the money. The Sleep Innovations Shiloh for example, is a higher quality mattress for less than $500.
If you are looking for a premium memory foam mattress of the best quality, you might want to have a look at the Loom & Leaf mattress, which is considered one of the best available today, at a reasonable $999.
IKEA Innerspring Mattress
IKEA offers a range of spring mattresses at surprisingly inexpensive prices. The mattresses are available in different designs, and each of the mattresses has its own benefits and is targeted towards specific users.
There are innerspring mattresses that balance between comfort and price to give you a value for your money.
The spring mattresses from IKEA come with a limited 25-year warranty, which very long and indicates the company believes in its products.
The cheapest mattress from IKEA is a spring mattress and comes with a polyurethane foam layer that provides the comfort and a spring support.
In terms of price, models vary quite a bit ranging from $249 to $899 (excluding the cheaper twin-only models).
Popular IKEA Spring Models
All spring mattresses from IKEA are identified by the word Sultan which precedes another name to specify the model.
The most popular spring mattresses from IKEA include Sultan Heg- Gedal, Sultan Hultsvik, Sultan Holmsta, Sultan Hogla, Sultan Hansbo, Sultan Hallen, Sultan Hanestad, Sultan Hurva and Sultan Havburg. The mattresses are made with open coil or pocketed coil systems.
Other Popular Innerspring Mattresses
Currently, the most popular innerspring mattress on the web is the Aviya mattress, which includes very good materials and advanced technology. It costs $899, but it’s worth the difference.
Another very popular mattress is the Saatva, which has received a lot of press coverage. It too costs $899, but many of of its users swear it’s the best mattress in the world.
IKEA Futon Mattress
Apart from the above listed mattresses, IKEA also offers sofa beds, futon, and mattress toppers. Futon mattresses are some of the most popular mattresses offered by this company, as they are available at inexpensive prices, bendable, and versatile such that they fit in different configurations of futons.
The mattresses are designed in a unique European style and stand out among the classes of mattresses that almost look the same.
IKEA Mattress Prices
If you intend to buy a mattress from IKEA you can choose any for the cheap options, mid-priced mattresses, and the high priced extravagant mattresses.
Compared to most of the other brands, even the high-priced mattresses from IKEA are fairly priced. This means that you get a value for your money because the mattresses are made with good quality materials and offer decent features.
The cheaper options with foam and spring start at $90 for the twin-size, and the price increases to about $1200 for the top latex mattresses.
Most of these mattresses are available in full queen- and king-sizes, but twin-size mattresses may be found, too. The thickness differs with the mattress type and has different levels of firmness.
IKEA Mattress Pros
- IKEA mattresses are among the cheapest mattresses on the markets, and you can get a mattress for anything between $80 and $1200, depending on the type and size of the mattress.
- All models of IKEA mattresses have been found to be great for back sleepers and stomach sleepers.
- The mattress doesn’t sink, making it easy to move on or getting up from.
- The latex and the foam mattresses from this company are silent in all situations.
- The mattresses only need to be rotated head to foot to maintain support and comfort, and this is an easy way to take care of the mattress.
- The foam and latex mattresses are easy to move around since they are quite light in weight.
- IKEA offers 20 -25 years of warranties for their different types of mattresses.
- The company scores well in providing information about their mattresses, and this makes it easy for consumers to compare their mattresses with other brands and make an informed decision when shopping for an ideal mattress.
- IKEA mattresses are available online and in brick and mortar stores which mean that you can test the mattress in person before buying one that meets your needs.
- IKEA offers different types of mattresses to meet the needs of different people. There are also different sizes to meet your preferences.
IKEA Mattresses Cons
- There are reports of a short lifespan, especially for the spring mattresses, which sag and compromise comfort and support.
- The conformity level is low for the spring and foam mattresses, making it uncomfortable for some people due to the uneven support distribution.
- Most of the mattresses from IKEA are firm or mostly firm which is not a great feature to some people.
- Because of the firmness level, IKEA mattresses are not the best options for side sleepers.
- Mattresses from IKEA are not ideal for people over 220 pounds, especially because these mattresses are generally thin.
- The return policy is a one-time exchange policy for 690 days, and there is no money back option.