Leesa is a one mattress model company with a mattress described by users as being between medium firm and medium. The mattress is made in the US, and the company claims to concentrate on one model to provide a mattress that meets the needs of different people as opposed to multiple models that do not address any particular problem. The mattress is available in different sizes and uses unique technology to achieve high-level support and comfort. Let us look at the components and qualities of the mattress to understand why it is a popular brand.
A better place to sleep, a mattress redesigned, a sleep experience reinvented
The Leesa mattress is constructed using two main components: the layers of foam and a cover to finish the top.
Leesa Foam Layers
To provide comfort and ample support, Leesa uses three layers of foam in their mattress.
- Comfort Layer – The top layer has 2 inches (5.08 centimeters) Avena foam. The patented foam behaves in the same way that latex does. It provides comfort, great cooling and the bounce that is provided by latex mattresses. Though the layer has the qualities of latex, such as cooling and comfort, the difference is that Avena is more durable.
- Support Layer – This is the layer in the middle of the mattress, and its aim is to provide support. It is a 2-inch (5.08 centimeters) memory foam layer that provides compression support and pressure relief for improved comfort.
- Foundational Layer – The bottom layer is a 6-inch (30.48 centimeters) layer made of high-density foam and acts as the foundation of the mattress. This layer, like the layers above it, is highly breathable, and this makes sure that it does not absorb heat from the body, and this prevents the discomfort caused by excess warmth.
The mattress from Leesa fits in the category of hybrid mattresses. This means, that it is a combination of different materials to achieve the ultimate comfort. In this case, Leesa combines Avena, memory foam and support foam to provide enough support and comfort that cannot be realized if the mattresses were made using one single material. The idea is to get the best from the different materials and reduce their limitations to get a single mattress with great attributes.
Avena is the foam version of latex and offers the cooling, free air flow, and the comfort. On the other hand, memory foam provides great comfort, but tends to trap heat from the body. By combining the two materials, you get comfort, support, and cooling. This mattress almost feels like the Tempurpedic mattress which costs more than $5000.
Leesa Mattress Cover
The mattress from Leesa is covered with a single fabric piece, wrapped around it. While the cover is never a major factor, it is one of the things that can influence the purchase of a mattress. The layers beneath are crucial, but people focus on the cover, that is used to wrap the layers. Consumers are stating that the layers of Leesa mattress are impressive. The fact that the cover is cut from a single fabric makes it look better and attractive. The cover is made by using poly-lycra blend which makes it durable, breathable and stretchy. From the idea that Leesa is willing to put so much into creating the perfect cover, you can only expect that the rest of the mattress will have equally great standards.
Support, Comfort, and Firmness
In terms of the firmness level, the Leesa mattress is average. On a scale of 1 to 10, where one is extremely soft, and ten is extremely firm, Leesa stands at 6. Leesa mattress is one of the best foam mattresses in the direct factory category. It has a thickness that promotes comfort and support in equal measures. While it is true that thickness does not always promote comfort, Leesa has ensured that the use of different layers of foam contributes to the extra comfort their mattress offers.
Owners have reported that the Avena layer feels soft and comfortable, and you can feel this comfort the moment you sit on the mattress. When you lay on it, the memory foam kicks in and begins the body conforming process, which supports all parts of your body and relieves pressure points.
Trial Period And Guarantee
Leesa offers a generous 100 days of trial at home. Compared to other factory direct mattresses, this is a generous offer. If for any reason, the mattress does not meet your needs and preferences, you can just contact the Leesa customer care team, and you will get a refund. The good part is that you do not have to pay anything. The company will arrange for the mattress to be picked up and donated or taken to the recycling center. Apart from the 100 days of trial, you will get a ten-year limited warranty that that covers full replacement. Though this is not a long warranty period when compared to other brands in the market, it is fairly standard.
Leesa Mattress Pricing
Leesa offers their mattresses at a fairly standard price, considering that it is a factory direct mattress. While you might pay anything between $1000 and $2000 for a mattress with the qualities offered by Leesa mattresses, you will only need to pay about $450 for the twin, $650 for the twin XL, $890 for the queen, and $990 for the King and California King.
Leesa Mattress Pros
- Leesa mattress scores well in terms of owner satisfaction
- The mattress is fairly priced, considering the qualities it offers and the price tag on mattresses from other brands with the same qualities.
- This mattress conforms to the curves of the body to provide great comfort and support.
- Leesa mattress has an above average performance, when it comes to motion isolation, which ensures that you do not disturb the other person, when you move or change position.
- This mattress is a great option for average people between 130 and 220 pounds (58.98 to 99.79 kilograms)
- A great choice for back sleepers
- Leesa mattresses, being foam mattress, are quiet.
- The mattress is easy to maintain especially because you just need to switch the head to foot to maintain support and comfort.
- This mattress is not as heavy as most mattresses on the market, and this makes it easy to move around.
Leesa Mattress Cons
- The mattress is relatively new on the market, and this means that longevity or durability is not as established as it is for other brands.
- The company only offers one model. While this is done to reduce confusion when choosing a mattress, there are people who would like other qualities, such as different firmness levels, and will not find what they are looking for in a single model.
- Like most foam mattresses in the market, the edges might be uncomfortable for sleeping or sitting. This is especially the case for larger individuals.
- People under 120 pounds (54.4 kilograms) might find the mattress too firm and those over 240 pounds (104.32 kilograms) may find it to lack adequate support and comfort.
- There is a possibility of experiencing a smell when you initially unpack the mattress.