Signature Sleep Mattresses
Signature sleep is a mattress brand with mattresses made in China by Dorel. The company deals with two types of mattresses; coil mattresses and foam mattresses. For easy transportation and packing, the mattress will come compressed and expands once you unpack it. For great results you might want to leave it for a period of between 48 and 96 hours just to make sure it is fully expanded and the odor, that comes with most new mattresses, disappears.
Let us look at the two types of mattresses the brand offers and what you need to know about them before purchasing any Signature Sleep mattress.
Our prices allow our customer to sleep soundly, but the comfort of our mattresses gives them something to dream about.
Sinature Sleep Mattresses Lines
- Black Collection
- Gold Collection
- Signature Collection
- Acclaimed Collection
- Allure Collection
- Luxe Collection
Signature Sleep Foam Mattresses
Signature Sleep offers foam mattresses in different depths, but most follow the same construction and design. Foam mattresses from Signature Sleep might be among the cheapest mattresses you can get in the market. The mattresses will go for anything between $100 and $400, and this is quite inexpensive as compared to other mattresses in the same class that come from other manufacturers.
Memory foam mattresses from Signature sleep mostly come in three layers. There is the support base foundation layer, made of high-density foam, the middle layer and top layer, which are soft and contribute to the comfort and conformity, offered by the mattress. The top layers are also responsible for motion isolation. This means that you will not be disturbed when the other person is changing position or moving on the mattress. The conformity ensures that the mattress supports your body in all the high-pressure points to keep you comfortable. If you are not looking for extreme firmness, this is a mattress you might want to check out.
Keep in mind that this mattress does not have any form of technology to reduce the heating that is common with these types of mattresses, and you can expect to sleep warm, especially in warmer climates. The mattress comes in different sizes and depths to ensure that different people’s needs are addressed.
Signature Sleep Spring Mattress
Spring mattresses from Signature Sleep are designed to provide a balance of comfort and support. To achieve this, they use individually pocketed coils, made of tempered steel, that conforms to the shape of the body to achieve even weight distribution. This helps to relieve pressure from areas, such as the hips, neck, shoulders and along the back. The individually pocketed coils are also important in reducing motion disturbance. Since they are pocketed individually, the coils enhance motion isolation, which ensures that when a person moves, you are not disturbed.
Signature Sleep uses two cushioning layers to make sure that the coils last longer. The mattress comes with a layer of thick foam and non-woven insulation pad. These layers add to the comfort provided by the mattress and also protect the springs. You should leave the mattress for a while before sleeping on it after unpacking to let the smell disappear and let it expand to the proper size and shape.
Sleep Signature Pros
- Signature mattresses are some of the cheapest mattresses on the market. With anything between $100 and $400, you can get a mattress depending on the size and the type you are interested in. For this reason, the mattress has a great value for money and is very suitable for use in guest rooms.
- Mattresses from Signature Sleep are generally friendly to back sleepers and stomach sleepers.
- All the mattresses have above average motion isolation, which ensures that you are not disturbed when the other person moves.
- The foam mattress is quiet, and the individually pocketed coils make sure that the spring mattress does not squeak or creak.
- Generally, the mattresses are not heavy, and this means you can move them around easily.
- There is a 90-day money back return policy at Wal-Mart and 30 days at Amazon.
- The company does a great job in disclosing the specifications of their mattresses, and this gives users an opportunity to compare their products with those from other brands.
- Dorel, the company behind Signature Sleep, was founded in 1987 and is, therefore, a company you can depend on when it comes to longevity claims.
Signature Sleep Cons
- Signature Sleep does not have any Better Business Bureau rating.
- These mattresses are not friendly to larger people but are better suited for people of average weight.
- Just like most foam-based mattresses, Signature Sleep’s foam mattresses might have some odor and off-gassing when unpacked.
- You will not get a variety of firmness levels, and this can be disappointing for people, looking for a firmness levels the brand doesn’t offer. The mattresses are only available in firm to medium-firm.
- Signature Sleep mattresses have poor edge support, and you will feel uncomfortable when sleeping on the edge.
- These mattresses will not last as long as you expect them to, though the foam mattresses will generally last longer than their spring counterparts.