Tempur-Pedic deals in mid- to luxury-level memory foam mattresses, costing $1,200 to $8,500. The company has been in business since 1992 and has its headquarters in Lexington, KY and is largely responsible or originating the memory foam market. Tempur-pedic is a long-standing company with high quality and popular products. The company is known all over the globe. While their product line is truly remarkable, pricing is a huge obstacle for most customers.
No matter what kind of sleeper you are, there’s a Tempur-Pedic mattress that’s right for you.
The Tempur-pedic mattress is built from both foam and coils. Its structure consists of four separate foam layers:
- Top layer or comfort layer: This layer is made from Tempurpedic’s TEMPUR-ES material. It provides the comfort and texture of the mattress.
- Second layer or response layer: This layer is constructed from Tempur-pedic’s TEMPUR-Response material. This layer is formulated to help distribute your body weight evenly across the sleeping surface and provide consistent support throughout.
- Third layer or dynamic support layer: This layer consists of tightly packed coils. These coils easily and quickly adjust and provide support and comfort according to your movements at night or during sleeping hours.
- Bottom layer or foundation: It is a breathable layer that acts as the foundation and support of top layers.
The Tempurpedic has a really sharply designed cover. It has angular edging and green trim.
The cover has great stretchiness and a great classical texture. The upper part of the cover is a moisture-wicking fabric. It helps to wick any moisture during the night, minimizing any heat retention and sweating issues. Additionally, the cover is easy to remove.
The green trim finely hides a zipper that runs along the entire edge of the mattress. This allows the user to unzip the mattress completely and take off the top piece of the cover for easy washing or cleaning.
Firmness, Feel, & Support
The Tempur-pedic mattress rates at 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale (where 10 is the firmest).
The Flex Supreme Tempur-pedic Mattress has exceptional bounce, great responsiveness and a comfortable feel. There is a light sinkage of 2 inches (5 cm) in a normal lying position. This provides a balanced hug but still gives great body contouring. The union of foam layers with smaller coils creates, in its turn, an utterly unique feeling.
Support is consistent and impressive throughout the mattress surface.
- CONTOUR Collection: Includes models, Allura, Rhapsody Breeze, etc.
- CLOUD Collection: Consists of models Prima, Cloud, Supreme Breeze, Supreme, Luxe Breeze, Luxe, Elite.
- FLEX Collection: It includes models, such as Elite, Supreme and Prima.
- CHOICE Collection: It includes Luxe and Supreme models.
- Twin-size mattress starting at $2,099.
- Twin XL mattress starting at $2,099.
- Full-size mattress starting at $2,449
- Queen-size mattress starting price is $2,599.
- King-size mattress is priced at $3,099.
- California King mattress has a starting price of $3,099
- Shipping is free and is done as quickly as in one day, but may sometimes take as long as 14-20 days, depending on location.
- It has a 10-year warranty.
- Trial Period is of three months.
- Returns – you can exchange the mattress for another model of equal or lesser cost after thirty days, but before 90 days.
- Firm Foam: The mattress will conform to the natural contours of your body, providing optimal support at all points, and you do not have to worry about sagging.
- No Pressure on Joints: Say goodbye to bed sores, caused by uneven pressure on joints. Customarily, mattresses don’t curve according to our bodies, it is rather our bodies that modify position to meet the mattress. The Tempurpedic mattress relieves the pressure on the joints and sore spots, allowing for a peaceful, painless night’s sleep.
- There Is No Cavity to Fall Into: With traditional mattresses, a cavity forms after a short time, especially where the heavier person usually sleeps. During the night both move towards the middle of the bed and end up sleeping on top of one another. This will not happen with a Tempur-pedic mattress. You will each have your own space to sleep peacefully.
- The downside to this brand is the fact that the Tempur-pedic mattress foam may retain body heat. Therefore, for some users it may be too hot to sleep on in summers and warm weather.
- The mattress is thick, dense and designed to mold to the contours of the body, so it might seem hard for some sleepers to move around.
- Another common complaint is that the foam of this mattress gives off a chemical odor; due to a process, known as off-gassing, that acts as a flame retardant.